.................................................

Thursday, November 22, 2012

His First Sacrament

I'm learning to embrace this vocation. Motherhood is something I'm trying to understand right now when days are filled with tantrums, dirty diapers, and a messy house that is begging to be cleaned. But it's beginning to be okay that there are these things in our daily lives. I'm learning these past few weeks that the true focus is peace as a family, and with that comes leading a Christian life. 

So as we are all on different spiritual paths, we are leading our littlest one to become a good Christian boy. To make it official, Mateo was blessed by the Holy Waters at our nearby parish. He is now a Roman Catholic, just like the rest of us!
_ _ _  

Paloma and Pau prepare for the grand ceremony in the chapel.
The godfather and father await the blessing.
Ladies' turn! The godmother and I pause for a shot.
Being blessed by the "Powers That Be" that are vested in baritone-voiced Father Evelio.
Don't call him a girly man. Do boys still wear a baptism gown in the States? I do like a traditional gown on a baby.
The celebrating party minus an active Pau and the photographer, my father-in-law Rafa.
The after party! We carried over the celebration with some unique tapas at the local restaurant.
Mateo felt the loooove as the crowd sang, "Bautizo Feliz...." to the tune of "Happy Birthday". I promised him he wouldn't have to wear a dress again.

The guilty couple take in a mouthful of cake before the cutting.
 See you soon!

3 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

I love that Baptism is a Sacrament in the Catholic Church and not just a symbol. Mateo received the gift of the Holy Spirit - what a blessing! May he always be open to receiving God's amazing graces! Congrats!

And I think he looks very handsome in his baptismal gown!

CLe said...

P in that orange dress making that funny face - SHE LOOKS LIKE ARMILYN!! too cute

CLe said...

Super impressed w/ her kid chosen outfit. It is bold yet has common themes in terms of color palette. impressed. Perhaps in addition to looking like ARmilyn she also acquired the fashion gene