.................................................

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Happy happy 27 months!

With so many changes in the past month, it feels like two months have passed.
Paloma's drive for independence has been unquestionable. I also know that this is a normal phase as she lives out her glorious two's. Dressing her up has been more difficult with so many preferences on what she wants. The key is giving her a few choices, and leaving it to that. Power to the toddler! Or you face a possible meltdown!


She’s also starting to memorize some songs and sing along to them.  We often sing “Tomorrow” from the film Annie, even though she'd never seen it. She also has the last part of the ABC song. She can semi-count to 10 in her two languages, which normally goes “six, seven, eight, nine, six” or “tres, cuatro, seis, siete”. The wheels are a-turnin´!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

She likes to say "cheeeeeese" but sometimes doesn't look at the camera. We got lucky with this one.
Everything to her that is just small is “tiny”, like this kid's sized ice cream for 1 euro. So cute. When talking about size, everything is either “tiny” or “huge”. Could it be that I constantly speak in superlatives? That’s a super crazy idea.
Dressing up a la tourist to fit in with the city-goers.
This scooter drives me crazy. She wants to play with the "'cooter", but she gets so frustrated when she doesn't quite understand how to turn it. It's a love-hate relationship. For now, out of sight (under a bed), out of mind.
I like to test her out with "older" toys to prove we've got a genius on our hands ;-) Here she recognizes shapes and spatial relationships. Seriously, I wonder how two-year-olds are pressured in Japan.
Did I mention she can be way into accessorizing? We have a girl on our hands.
We go to the zoo pretty often. "Mida!" is a favorite word also ("Mira!" or "Look!")
 
Jumping is the funnest, simplest activity for now.
I found a little cardboard cutout of a camera, which she's adopted as her own camera and carries it in her purse.
We've really taken advantage of the summer since Fernando doesn't work in the afternoons in August and September. Here, Paloma admires the sculpture "Barcelona Head" by Roy Lichtenstein, which was inaugurated for the 1992 Olympics.
She disagrees to disagree sometimes. Columbus and I say "this way" to the new land, and she says "that way". Ay-yay-yay!

3 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

Oh my gosh, those are all such great photos. She is darling. Love all her purses.

haydee said...

Awww! Adorable! I can't get over how big she's getting..her smile is amazing & her vocab! WOW! GO Paloma!!!

CLe said...

pressure in JAPAN...too much..although I go to school w/ a Chinese Lawyer now studying American law and wow her stories! HOURS upon HOURS of pure memorization of civil legal code...um needless to say this woman is amazing. I LOVE her tourist look. PS. um good luck when she hits 12 and TRULY wants to accessorize...you better get her started on a PT job early (baby sitting?) to pay for those hand bags and earrings...hah