Time does fly so fast.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
It's no lie that pink is the color for most three-year-old girls. "Look at this street post, mommy. It's pink!"
Often she wants to "cook" with me, so I bring out a small table, her cooking utensils, and cookbooks. Here, she's doubting the proportions of the ingredients in the recipe.
You can't really tell her to sing or dance on demand anymore. Her tiny brain cells have figured out how to bribe you...I mean, have you find another way to get her to do something.
Emotionally, she is practicing self-control when experiencing frustration. We have to be patient. And understanding. Little adult in training!
She's really getting to understand her independence. She keeps testing us as parents, but that doesn't stop ever, does it?
How she wishes this were real and had chocolate.
Who's going to school in September? That's right. Her official photo which we've passed on to the school. Let's hit the books!
We can't get away from these pay rides throughout the city! It does still make a good photo op though.
My funny honey and I sharing an under-the-covers squeeze.Down and serious times happen too, and that's okay.
Okay, one more gratuitous with mom. At the Maremagnum shopping center.
Another pay-to-play ride. The carousel - a classic!
At bedtime, we read books, and then she asks for a made-up story, sometimes she invents the characters and their names like "Goodits", "Badants," or "Boosh-Boosh" who live in places like "Prokmy," "Loofeef," or "Ploopeep". Huh? Her imagination has gone wild.
We also catch her putting on her "storybook voice" and reading aloud even when she's really flipping pages of a blank notebook. She also does a lot of pretend play where the hallway is her house, and the living room is mine. How many imaginary doors have we opened?
I've had no regrets about how we've raised this happy kid. There are so many ways to do it right. But we did it our way, and we'll do the same with #2!One last picture of our little Paloma, our fledgling "dove". Spread those wings, tiny one. We know you're going places ;-)
I got lots to share still. Stay tuned, my massive audience....I'm gonna start rolling out the posts quickly I think!
















1 comment:
Oh my gosh all those photos of her are beautiful! Yay for being 3! She is so precious, I love her sweet smile.
Post a Comment