.................................................

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy happy 31 months!

Hello! This was a big month, mainly for Paloma's language. Every time we go to the States, we always see a developmental jump, and I think this was because she spent so much time with her English-speaking grandparents at home. Paloma can now say, "I want this...." "I'm hungry" or "I'm tired" "I don't like this because..." This makes a big difference and avoids a lot of frustration. She can ask all kinds of questions in complete sentences and loves to listen to and tell made-up stories. There's still some typical two-year-old whining, but the meltdowns are much less now that she can express herself more easily. She's also eased up a little on trying to exert her independence, where we can get her dressed without much of a fuss. That's a huge one for the parents! I see our lives getting a little bit easier...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Before we left for the States, we made some gift tags for our Christmas presents.
Ta-da! Like the googly-eyed face collection? 
We watched the story of Jesus' birth on YouTube several times, and Paloma and I re-enacted the scene 50 more times. Her favorite part is flying the angel to the stable to watch over Baby Jesus.
Rafa, Katya, and Pau came over to celebrate Fernando's birthday. Pau took a few pictures of the event.
My parents gave her a ukelele for Christmas, and she gladly played a chords of "Tomorrow" for Fernando's birthday.
 Helping her daddy blow out his candles again.
 
Them two relax on the sofa.
We're over our jetlag and back to the daily grind, that is at the crafting table. 
Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Spence Ohana said...

That's great she's able to express herself better. It is less frustrating for both the child and the parent. I love that pic of her with the nativity.

CLe said...

ok how did I NOT get a googly eyed gift tag? I like that P looks scared while Fern is on her lap..hah

haydee said...

Paloma's going to be artist! Great pics & Happy Birthday Fernando :)